cake freak AKA gym freak

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Footprints

One night a man had a dream.
He dreamed he was walkingalong the beach with the LORD.
Across the sky flashedscenes from his life.


For each scene he noticed twosets of footprints in the sand:one belonging to him,and the other to the LORD.
When the last scene of his lifeflashed before him, he lookedback at the footprints in the sand.
He noticed that many times alongthe path of his life therewas only one set of footprints.
He also noticed that it happenedat the very lowest and saddesttimes in his life.
This really bothered him andhe questioned the LORD about it:"LORD, you said that once Idecided to follow you, you'dwalk with me all the way.
But I have noticed that duringthe most troublesome times inmy life, there is only oneset of footprints.
I don't understand why whenI needed you most you wouldleave me."
The LORD replied: "My son, myprecious child, I love youand I would never leave you.
During your times of trialand suffering, when you seeonly one set of footprints,it was then that I carried you."
By: Mary Stevenson (1922-1999)

No comments:

Post a Comment